We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
X-carriage for RepRap that uses two self aligning bushings on one shaft and a 180 degree bushing on the other shaft. This eliminates the need for the shafts to be perfectly parallel and the spacing to be perfect.
See original part for more information on clamps and bushings.
For the 180 degree bushing, use 1/8" delrin dowels such as these: mcmaster.com/#97155A426
2) Clean out bushing holes with a knife before inserting bushings.
3) Clean out dowel holes with a 1/8" drill
4) Insert dowels into holes.
5) Insert bushings. If they are too tight, clean the holes more. Don't force them or you may break the holders. They should fit snuggly.
6) Check fit of bushings on 8mm rod. If 180 degree bushing is too tight, you can scrape the edge of the dowels with a knife. Don't overdo it.
7) Align the bushings by inserting a rod through each one and aligning it to the other one. Then the rod should easily slide through both bushings.
RepRap X-carriage by bilsef is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure bilsef would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!