X End Idler for MendelMax Precision Leadscrews
by bilsef, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a version of the fixed X-end idler from kludgineer that uses 180 degree bushings to reduce Z axis binding.
The 180 degree bushings are made from 1/4" PTFE filled delrin rod, such as: http://www.mcmaster.com/#8579K12
1) Print idler
2) Print clamp from parent thing
3) Use a 1/4" drill to clean out the holes for the delrin rods
4) Cut 4 rods to length
5) Insert rods into holes
6) Test fit with 10mm smooth rod. If it is too tight, scrape edges of delrin rods with a knife.
X End Idler for MendelMax Precision Leadscrews by bilsef is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bilsef a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bilsef would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).