Rostock Bowden clamp offset
by jamesarm97, published
This is a modified bowden clamp for those with the offset holes in the wood piece.
If you have the wood mount piece with the offset holes (hotend not in the center) you can use this mod.
Print with ABS to make it more heat resistant. The original Rostock prototype uses PLA and it works okay too. Just make sure you don't pre-heat your hotend for too long without a fan pointing at it.
The top is very thin so you may need to print slowly to allow each layer to cool enough before you print the next layer. If this is a problem, use bowden_hotend_cooldown.stl to add extra cooling time for each layer.
- Drill the clamp hole open to 4 mm.
- Cut the three slots open with a sharp knife if necessary.
- Add a stainless steel M8 nut on top but don't tighten it yet.
- Push the PFA bowden tube all the way into the clamp.
- Tighten the M8 nut, but not too tight. Hand tight should be enough.
- Drill the inside of the PFA tube open to 2 mm if necessary.
- Attach with two M4 nuts and Wade style plywood GrooveMount.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Rostock Bowden clamp offset by jamesarm97 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure jamesarm97 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).