by FMMT666, published
ParaMike, a functional and printable, parabolic microphone for kids and geeks.
The given STL files contain a very small, 125mm diameter parabolic mirror.
It can be scaled (up) to any size.
The handle, however, should not be scaled (unless you you know what you are doing)
Except for the "overview file", all parts inside the STL files are
centered and directly printable.
Electronics can be found here: http://www.askrprojects.net/hardware/paramike/index.html
WHAT TO DO
- print all parts
- glue parabolic mirror sides together
- Attach the parabolic mirror to the handle, using
ÃÂ ÃÂ the 6mm screw and two nuts.
- assemble and build in electronics (handle)
- wrap a little bit of cotton, or any comparable (damping)
ÃÂ ÃÂ material around microphone (and electronics)
- mount the microphone
- fix the fastener (half cylinder) with a rubber band
- Thread the cable through the cable conduit (mike holder),
ÃÂ ÃÂ the hole in the mirror and the hole in the handle.
- solder cable
- stuff in the electronics and a battery
- the cap might require some sanding
- 1 x printed parts
- 1 x (6 x 75)mm screw or thread
- 3 x 6mm nut
- 2 x washer for 6mm screw (enlarged prints)
- 1 x rubber band
- 1 x glue for the two parts of the parabolic mirror
- a few cable straps
- a little bit of cotton
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
ParaMike by FMMT666 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure FMMT666 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).