Adjustable thumb for InMoov
by Anar, published
These parts are to replace Hairygael's InMoov original thumb's base.
It gives more DOF by allowing the thumb's angle to be adjusted.
It uses the same wiring principle as for the fingers, and the knots will be hidden after gluing the tip part.
Updated 08/08/2012 : uploaded the parts for the right thumb
Updated 28/08/2012 : I made a new version of the base that is more respectful with the original InMoov's thumb angle. It's also stronger. Please read instructions.
Updated 16/11/2013 : after Balse's constructive comment (thanks!) I have corrected a few small problems. Only the right thumb is available ATM but I will also upload the left thumb soon.
Updated 24/01/2014 : I uploaded the new base that user Balse modified (left and right). Please read his comments to know why he made that correction. Thanks Balse !
For more information please visit http://www.reppersdelight.spacymen.com/index.php/post/2012/08/08/Thumb-UP!
- Print using ABS and a 30% infill and supports set at 10-20 degrees.
- After removing supports, fix the 2 biggest parts together with an M3 20mm bolt as axe.
- Put 1 wire into each hole and make a knot on each
- You can now glue the last part and it will hide the knots (you can use acetone for gluing).
- take away the original thumb, remove the base part and fix it back to the new base.
- put the 4 thumb's wires in place
Left version :
just print the left version of the base (balse version) and reprint the other two parts
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Adjustable thumb for InMoov by Anar is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure Anar would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).