Replacement jacks for a 1970 Goble harpsichord

by Cassan, published

Replacement jacks for a 1970 Goble harpsichord by Cassan Aug 7, 2012
0 Share
Download This Thing! Customize Order This Printed Tools & Utilities

Thing Info

1939Views 720Downloads Found in Music
Report Thing


These things replace the jacks in Goble harpsichords (1970 model). Being plastic, and made over 40 years ago, they may have become brittle or broken, and are otherwise irreplaceable these days. Mine had!


First check your harpsichord is a Robert Goble made around 1970. Otherwise they will not fit.

Next acquire some tongues, plectra and adjustment screws from Hubbard Harpsichords http://www.hubharp.com/ and some felt for the dampers.

Then print 61 of each jack and 183 damper clips. (75%, no raft nor support needed). Cut felt and glue it to the base of the dampers. Assemble each jack with a damper, a tongue, screws, and a plectrum. Then restore your harpsichord and play Bach!

More from Music

view more

Thing Info

1939Views 720Downloads Found in Music
Report Thing

Liked By

View All


Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

All Apps

This App connects Thingiverse with Makeprintable, a cloud-based mesh repair service that analyzes, validates and repairs most common mesh errors that can occur when preparing a 3D design file for p...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App

This is amazing. Helping a friend trying to come up with the same discontinued parts for a local chamber orchestra. I notice you have photos of the plectrum as well - is it 3D printed too? We are desperate to find a way to make replacements.

Email me directly on [email protected] or call me on 07979 647831 and I'll gladly help all I can !
Malcolm Messiter