Loading

YARB

by bstott, published

YARB by bstott Aug 8, 2012

Description

Yet Another Ramps Box.

This is a derivative of two people's boxes:

jman's -
thingiverse.com/thing:13979

and

oTTo's - thingiverse.com/thing:21389

My RAMPS 1.4 board came from a vendor who had some different connectors. So, in making a box to fit my setup I added some RepRap features to show the World that what is hidden inside IS COOL!

My first print is kinda junky (embarrassing) but, I'm too anxious to show it off. I've made adjustments since my first print for the 50mm fan bolts to be recessed and the small RepRap vent openings should be fine but, printable.

The design was done with Sketchup.

9/23/2012 - Wired up the new Rostock and the YARB can hold all the wiring for one extruder w/hot build platform and room to spare. Sort of....

Recent Comments

view all

Fan - 3 methods: (1) direct connect to spare power from PSU (On all the time machine is on.)., (2) Same as (1) with the addition of a manual switch to turn on and off at your discretion. (3) Search eBay or 'Google It' for a Thermal Switch 12-24VDC, 30-120C and then proceed as in (1) with fan attached. This allows you to set your desired temperature for the automatic fan - 50C for me.

As a RepRap newbie I have yet to see this question answered in an obvious place, such as the RAMPS page on reprap.org… Where did you connect up the power to your electronics cooling fan? The build area fan is usually wired to D9, so it's not clear where to connect up a second fan on RAMPS (1.4). What was your personal solution?

Not yet. Fire up Sketchup. You got a calling.... :-D

More from 3D Printer Accessories

view more

Liked By

view all

License

YARB by bstott is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Print and use. Or download the Sketchup files and make your own revisions.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

bstott on Mar 5, 2013 said:

Fan - 3 methods: (1) direct connect to spare power from PSU (On all the time machine is on.)., (2) Same as (1) with the addition of a manual switch to turn on and off at your discretion. (3) Search eBay or 'Google It' for a Thermal Switch 12-24VDC, 30-120C and then proceed as in (1) with fan attached. This allows you to set your desired temperature for the automatic fan - 50C for me.

thinkyhead on Mar 4, 2013 said:

As a RepRap newbie I have yet to see this question answered in an obvious place, such as the RAMPS page on reprap.org… Where did you connect up the power to your electronics cooling fan? The build area fan is usually wired to D9, so it's not clear where to connect up a second fan on RAMPS (1.4). What was your personal solution?

Anonymous on Sep 9, 2012 said:

Does this support SDramps?

bstott on Sep 9, 2012 said:

Not yet. Fire up Sketchup. You got a calling.... :-D

bstott on Aug 26, 2012 said:

Revised Answer 8/26/2012

The design is to have wires route out the bottom box not the sliding cover/lid. This will allow easy removal of the sliding lid. I expect to route wiring through the rectangular opening above the USB opening. Your motor and other wires will be above the RAMPS board heater connections.

9/26/12 - Added a picture with my box wired. 4 steppers, two temps, 3 end stops, 2 LED lights, heated build platform. @Entropy85: you write - 20 steppers, 4 temps and 6 end stops! That won't fit on a RAMPS. Well, the 6 end stops will.

Entropy85 on Aug 14, 2012 said:

Will all of the wires fit through the back 2 slots on the top? Thats a lot of wires to get in there, 20 steppers, 4 temps, and 6 end stops. I don't see any other open area for them to enter the box at. I definitely like the idea thus far though.

bstott on Aug 26, 2012 said:

&
lt;Revised Answer 8/26/2012
&
gt;

The design is to have wires route out the bottom box not the sliding cover/lid. This will allow easy removal of the sliding lid. I expect to route wiring through the rectangular opening above the USB opening. Your motor and other wires will be above the RAMPS board heater connections.

I still ha
ven't installed my box but, a quick motor plug in, wire routing and imagination looks like all should fit. :-) Unless you are dual extruder and lots of ???? ;)

qharley on Aug 9, 2012 said:

Very pretty, and functional.

Not a combination you get by regularly...

Nice Job!

Top