X-Axis Idler Support Bracket for Thing-O-Matic
by jetty, published
Accessing the idler pulley on the X-Axis for oiling requires a lot of stuff to removed to gain access.
You have to remove the Y rods, X rods and the platform, then unscrew the idler pulley bolt to remove the top plate to gain access. This is a pretty good incentive to put up with awesome squeaking.
With this thing, disassemble once more, then never again. You just unscrew the 2 bolts on top and oil away !
- Print (I printed at 100% fill for strength)
- Remove Y rods and remove whole platform / X / Y unit
- Unbolt large side plate (labelled "Right")
- Unbolt top endstop plate (labelled "Right")
- Unbolt idler pulley
- Remove top plate that contains the X end stop
- Remove side plate
- Unscrew X Endstop, discard spacers
- Reassemble X Endstop on to new plate
- Reassemble the idler pulley, the bolt needs to be positioned lower
than previously to fit in the plate, use the bolt support on the bottom (screw
it on the thread), and then position the 2 nuts so they push against the top
(see photo). You may have to "start" the hole with a reamer or some other tool.
- Bolt on side plate.
- Bolt on new top plate, making sure the bolt head is fully retained inside the hole
When it comes to oiling, just unscrew the 2 bolts on top, remove the plate, oil and put back.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
X-Axis Idler Support Bracket for Thing-O-Matic by jetty is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure jetty would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).