by byteborg, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
It's a bed, made from wood, held together by Rietveld connections.
Complete source lives at https://github.com/byteborg/household/tree/master/hannah-bed
Basically, it's a parametric SCAD file that lets you input mattress size and the dimensions of the wood you're building the bed with. It outputs an STL and some measurements. Some of the measurements are buggy, please double-check.
The included BOM is caluculated for 90x200cm Matress and 58x58mm wooden beams.
Also included is a plastic part that fits on the 10 brackets holding the mattress, effectively rounding the edges of the metal as a safety measure. This is optional and due to the fact that I decided to integrate a standard mattress frame.
- enter mattress and wood dimensions in SCAD file
- calculate material sizes
- buy enough wood
- cut to appropriate lengths
- sand with 100 grain paper, sweep with damp cloth, sand again with 200 grain paper, sweep
- apply glaze - I used bee wax in linseed oil solution
- be happy ;)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Hannah's bed by byteborg is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving byteborg a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure byteborg would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).