Folding Guitar Stand
by juniortan, published
This folding guitar stand is actually attached to your guitar. Folded up, it does not impede with your guitar playing, but once you need to put your guitar down, just pull out the support legs and you can safely place your guitar on the ground. Great between gigs!
There are two main sets to print:
- Angry Japanese elephant - there are two choices, one with 30 degree (max) angle per leg, and the other with 45 degree; chose one that will fit your guitar.
- The Rest - Assorted parts for assembly (see instructions below)
Angry Japanese elephant:
- Bolt the two 'tusks' to the angry elephant using M3x16 bolts
- Glue together the two sets: The support arm between the legs and the small peg with the M3 hole, and the strut assembly (2 parts) - see pic for more details.
Bolt everything together using 2 M3x16 bolts
The Angry Japanese elephant and the leg holder (the last piece from the Rest pieces) should be secured to the guitar back using double sided tape.
I used 4.76mm (3/16) aluminium rods for the legs - should you be using anything else, please readjust the holes in the elephant tusks and the gaps in the support arms in the provided Sketchup files.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Folding Guitar Stand by juniortan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure juniortan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).