Loading

Stereo Picture Wheel

by kenwshmt, published

Stereo Picture Wheel by kenwshmt Aug 12, 2012

Featured Thing!

Description

It works!
Its more a test than useful, but its technically accurate.

3 layers thick at .3
Print without any perimiter if your printer doesn't join the edges so well, it will look better.

Its 99% its intended size, the specification is 90mm, scaled down to account for printing wierdness.

Recent Comments

view all

laser printing to the required resolutions wont get you very good images, these are pretty much slides in the windows. I think these are frames of an old film format.

All the same, its the accurate design, they make interesting drink coasters, just make them thicker.

I'd think a photoshop recorded action set would probably do the trick. Otherwise a bit of work in php to create an image or a .pdf isn't hard, just tedious.

I have a steroscopic camera.

Now I need to find (print?) one of these viewers! I hadn't thought of them. I wonder if my 2 year old would think they are as cool as I did when I was little? Kinda hard to compete with tablets and 3d phones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V...

The diagram on the right is what i used for the numbers, and measuring the few other wheels I have.
you might get by printing on transparency film then attaching it somehow to this frame, but thats not for me.
I was after the shape.
This should laser or paper cut well enough.

More from Art Tools

view more

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

kenwshmt on Aug 14, 2012 said:

laser printing to the required resolutions wont get you very good images, these are pretty much slides in the windows. I think these are frames of an old film format.

All the same, its the accurate design, they make interesting drink coasters, just make them thicker.

kenwshmt on Aug 13, 2012 said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V...

The diagram on the right is what i used for the numbers, and measuring the few other wheels I have.
you might get by printing on transparency film then attaching it somehow to this frame, but thats not for me.
I was after the shape.
This should laser or paper cut well enough.

BrazenArtifice on Aug 13, 2012 said:

What a cool idea. I still have two 1970s era viewmaster viewers and a box of commercial disks from back when I was a teenager. I'd love one of the gorgeous old bakelite models.

I wonder how much effort it would be to take stereo photos on my digital camera, then lay them out to print a whole disk on a single overhead projector transparency sheet. Then stick them onto your printed disk and pop into the viewer.

Anybody ever done that? Any online resources for templates?

creuzerm on Aug 14, 2012 said:

I'd think a photoshop recorded action set would probably do the trick. Otherwise a bit of work in php to create an image or a .pdf isn't hard, just tedious.

I have a steroscopic camera.

Now I need to find (print?) one of these viewers! I hadn't thought of them. I wonder if my 2 year old would think they are as cool as I did when I was little? Kinda hard to compete with tablets and 3d phones.

Top