by elmwolf, published
The numbers on my mailbox are starting to fall off due to the weather. So rather then buy new ones, I chose to print them. These numbers are actually the FORTE font and set at 4 inches high. I extruded them 4mm thick for a nice solid piece. the nail/screw holes are modeled in as well.
- Print your numbers as needed.
- Paint if you want. (make sure you use plastic frendly outdoor paint)
- Mount using nails or I actually prefer screws so they don't work back out as the temperatures go up and down.
Note: I printed mine in PLA and on a 90+ degree day they did get a little soft. ABS may be the better choice. If you do print a set keep an eye on them for a couple days to make sure they don't get too soft and start to curl.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
House/Mailbox numbers by elmwolf is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure elmwolf would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).