TinyFan Fan Driver
by gwc, published
This is the TinyFan a fan (and fun) driver that controls up to 4 12V fans using just an ATTiny45 or ATTiny8, 4 tactile switches and some electronic components (most general use, aka cheap).
The programming of the ATTiny has the folowing capabilities:
- Can use PWM in 2 of the outputs (labeled 1 and 2)
- The tactlie switches have a secondary (special) function if held during 2 seconds.
- The program can use EEPROM memory to save last state in the chip. Also, if you don't want this feature, you can disable it.
Also you have available two designs: Prefboard or PCB.
Watch it in action! http://goo.gl/UIM2Z (G+ album)
This thing was made by:
Special thanks to Iceflow.
Update 15 Aug 2012 (00:00)
Improved the programming. Now memory is only rewrited after a state sticks for 2 seconds (saving writes while changing the PWM state), and also the code has been reduced (1.96KB without EEPROM, 2.27KB with EEPROM).
To build the Perfboard version:
- An ATTiny45 or ATTiny85 and a programer for it. If you don't have one, we suggest you make your own with an Arduino: http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=1706
- The file TinyFan.ino
- The PDF TinyFan.en.pdf where all the instructions are!
- Electrical components (see more detailed in TinyFan.en.pdf)
If you want to build the PCB you will also need:
- A way to etch PCBs
- The file TinyFan.brd (eagle!)
- The file TinyFan.sch (eagle!)