Desktop Portable Electronics Organizer
by MattM, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Kindles, Smartphones, 7-10" Tablets, Camera's, Oh-my....Please let me see my desk!
Final product has 7.5" length, 3 main walls with varying height - tallest ~5.25", and two storage areas each ~1.75" wide to handle standard portable electronics sizes.
This was my largest print to date -- and was somewhat taxing to design and convert to gcode.
Created in OpenSCAD.
Printed on Makerbot Replicator at 0.22 layer height with 2 shells and 25% infill. Gcode conversion took ~2.5hrs and printing consumed ~16hrs and ~275grams of plastic.
1) Make sure you've scaled this up to the proper size and that your 3d printer's HBP is perfectly level -- this uses nearly the entire available build volume of a makerbot replicator and you don't want the sides warping during a long print. You can downscale it to fit just a few small phones easily.
2) Convert STL to gcode using whatever tool is appropriate
Desktop Portable Electronics Organizer by MattM is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MattM a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MattM would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).