Complete Downloadable Kilowatt Wind Turbine—just add magnets & wire!
by haydnv, published
This is a wind turbine designed to output 1KW under optimal conditions. It uses a 3D-printable generator, thing:28762 .
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
WARNING: BUILD AT YOUR OWN RISK. This wind turbine can be dangerous and has not been fully tested.
You can get the source OpenSCAD files from my GitHub repo: http://www.github.com/haydnv .
- 1 axial flux generator, thing:28762
- 3 blades cut from 3mm aluminum
- 1 vane cut from 3mm aluminum
- 1 mount_base cut from 10mm plastic or acrylic (can be printed but not by most desktop printers)
- 1 mount_vertical cut from 10mm plastic or acrylic (likewise)
- 1 pole_cap, printed
- 1 rotor_cap, printed
- 1 1" pole at least 1 meter tall
- 1 thrust bearing, 45mm ID x 65mm OD x 15mm high
- 1 tube of gasket sealant
- Build a generator per thing:28762
- Glue on the rotor cap with gasket sealant and allow 2-3 hours to cure
- Insert the tabs of the vertical mount into the base of the mount
- Secure the mount by snapping on the vane
- Connect the mount to the stator of the generator with the pins; thread a small piece of wire through the hole on the mount side of the pins to secure.
- Place the pole_cap on the pole and the bearing on the pole_cap
- Place the turbine on the bearing
- Insert the blades into the rotor_cap with the flat (leading) edge toward you