RI Mini Maker Faire Maker Badge
by bjepson, published
The badges worn by the Makers at the 2012 RI Mini Maker Faire.
You could probably produce these faster on a laser cutter, but I don't have a laser cutter, so I printed these on my Thing-o-Matic and my Prusa. The process for creating this is a bit more complex than it probably needs to be:
- Convert the EPS to a DXF with pstoedit -dt -f dxf:-polyaslines maker\ badge.eps maker\ badge.dxf
- Extrude the DXF using OpenSCAD, then save as STL.
- Repair the STL with netfabb Basic.
- Scale the STL and flip it over (assuming you want a smooth finish on the front).
- Print it!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
RI Mini Maker Faire Maker Badge by bjepson is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bjepson a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bjepson would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).