Venting Replicator Cover
by LeftAngle, published
This is the cover I built for my MakerBot Replicator. It allows slow evaporation of heat, keeping the internal temperature above the plate stable, the top can be taken off quickly when the printer needs immediate attention from above and the entire unit lifts off for complete printer access.
- Print 4 of each file
- Cut two 1/16" thick pieces of material, any color, 17.375" x 6"
- Cut two 1/16" thick pieces of material, any color, 11.500" x 6"
- Cut one piece of 1/16" clear material 17.25" x 11.375"
- Cut a notch in the back piece for the cables and fit half a can or plastic jar over it to prevent heat from escaping.
I've added a powered LED hand-held light to the top of the half jar I've used. I can use the light to inspect the print underneath the extruders. That's it attached by Velcro to the left side of the photograph.
There's a small gap around the perimeter of the top piece, where heat convects away from the printer. If the sides of the printer are covered, the heat within the printer remains stable, no matter how long the printer is running.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Venting Replicator Cover by LeftAngle is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure LeftAngle would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).