Venting Replicator Cover
by LeftAngle, published
This is the cover I built for my MakerBot Replicator. It allows slow evaporation of heat, keeping the internal temperature above the plate stable, the top can be taken off quickly when the printer needs immediate attention from above and the entire unit lifts off for complete printer access.
- Print 4 of each file
- Cut two 1/16" thick pieces of material, any color, 17.375" x 6"
- Cut two 1/16" thick pieces of material, any color, 11.500" x 6"
- Cut one piece of 1/16" clear material 17.25" x 11.375"
- Cut a notch in the back piece for the cables and fit half a can or plastic jar over it to prevent heat from escaping.
I've added a powered LED hand-held light to the top of the half jar I've used. I can use the light to inspect the print underneath the extruders. That's it attached by Velcro to the left side of the photograph.
There's a small gap around the perimeter of the top piece, where heat convects away from the printer. If the sides of the printer are covered, the heat within the printer remains stable, no matter how long the printer is running.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Venting Replicator Cover by LeftAngle is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
So what's this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure LeftAngle would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!