A Gekko - Fixed, Simplified, and Plated
by CodeCreations, published
Guru's excellent "A Gekko" model turned out to be a pretty popular print in my kids' school, and so I fixed it up a bit, simplified it, and plated it.
- A little taller.
- Legs are a bit thicker.
- Flattened at the bottom.
- Much simpler -- from about 16,400 vertices to 410 (simplest), and 1.5MB to 40K.
- Defects were repaired (e.g. you can now render it with OpenSCAD)
- Repair fixes some odd slicing issues (I was getting only three toes on the back left leg)
The plate of eight prints with tails pointing in, which I find helpful for first layer adhesion.
Simplest - 410 vertices
Simpler - 1014 vertices
Plate - Eight "simplest" versions, tails in.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
A Gekko - Fixed, Simplified, and Plated by CodeCreations is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CodeCreations a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CodeCreations would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).