Top-Clips for Replicator Hood
by eternal_newbie, published
I didn't like the rotational clamps JoeyC designed, so I made a change in my own modification.
These are slide-clamps that replace the top-clamps of the original. Instead of drilling the acryllic, these can be just glued. (The front-panel still should be drilled, however, see instructions)
These instructions are for total newbies like me. Most of you probably won't need them! ;)
1) Cut out the lower plexi-glass pieces, and glue the lower clamps (from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26089 )
2) With the clamps sitting on the frame, draw (With a dry-erase marker for cleaning) the top line where to glue these slide clamps. In case I wasn't clear, there should be enough clearence so that the top is flush when the bottom swings free.
3) Glue the slide-pieces in place. Do this for the sides, and front. Also, drill and attach a drawer-handle to the front for easy removal.
All pieces are removed quickly by lifting and pulling the glass out. The handle on the front makes this easy. (Picture will be sent later)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Top-Clips for Replicator Hood by eternal_newbie is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving eternal_newbie a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure eternal_newbie would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).