Quick Change Replicator Reels with BONUS
by LeftAngle, published
Save time when changing colors or materials by using this simple technique.
Oh... There's a DOUBLE bonus attached to this file now:-)
- Place the reel you want to change to near the rear of your Replicator.
- Unclip the guide tube from the extruder you want to change from.
- Feed the new plastic through the guide tube and let 3"- 4" hang from the end
- Set the menu to unload the extruder.
- As soon as the plastic releases, place the new plastic into the opening.
- Stop the extruder and immediately set it to load. It will begin to draw the plastic in as soon as you press the button.
- When you've loaded the extruder, pull the old plastic out of the guide tube, set the tube back onto the extruder and switch the reels at the rear of the machine... Done lickity-split :)
This will prevent the Replicator from shutting the heaters down while going through the motions of removing the old reel and loading the new.
Check out the entire process here:
Now, for the bonus:
Thingiverse loves to see objects posted. Rather than post a null file, here's something you may find useful:
Those stupid little spacers that separate the fans from the cooling fins are a pain to put back into place. This may have been done before, but here's a spacer that connects the 2 center bolts, so you only have to wrestle with the outer spacers, which are far easier to install.
Open the holes up with a 3.5mm drill.
I've modified a fan deck I'm using for another project. Might as well make things real easy and get all the spacers on one platform. Makes maintenance a non-issue.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Quick Change Replicator Reels with BONUS by LeftAngle is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving LeftAngle a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure LeftAngle would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).