Parametric Cotton Reel
by tubular, published
A parametric Cotton Reel constructed by mating two identical halves.
The halves make it easy to retrofit to reprap rods without any disassembly (for a simple filament spool holder).
Also great for cable grommits, eg for closing up a hole in an enclosure or wall after you pass a terminated monitor cable through.
- Adjust the two heights and three diameters at the top of the SCAD file.
- Print two identical half cotton reels
- Mate the two halves together (easier while still warm off the printer). The 3D printer layers help it to all lock nicely.
- If they are too hard to mate, increase the "S" shim value
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Parametric Cotton Reel by tubular is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure tubular would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).