by arctelix, published
A minimal case for your iPhone 3G that incorporates lots of features. Low profile design, yet protects the areas most likely to sustain impact during a drop. Such as the corners, back, and top face. The x-infill plate functions as a stand, headphone wrap, and universal mount.
iPhone 3G/3Gs possibly the iPod touch
Use the holes in the back plate in conjunction with Velcro straps, rubber bands, twist ties, etc.. to scure your iPhone to the desired object.
The back plate snaps in place via four tongue and groove joints (see detail). The shape of the case creates outward tension to hold the back plate in place. When the xCase is disengaged from the iPhone, apply slight pressure to the xCase in the x and y axis to release the back plate.
I do not have a 3d printer but the model is made to apple metric specifications so it should be a good fit if scaled properly. I added a .25 mm tolerance all the way around to compensate for printing imperfections. I can adjust the tolerance if required to make a perfect fit.
Totally redesigned to accommodate the x-infill piece. However, it is still compatible with the universal mount from 1.0. The new x-infill piece is carried flush inside the xCase and is simply reversed and held in place with the back plate for added functionality:
1) Vertical and horizontal stand.
2) Wrap earphone cable around it to keep things neat.
3) Secure to other objects with straps.
4) Support with seat back pocket on airplanes, cars, & trains.
Back Plate Version 2.1: Fixed cosmetic error in model of back plate
Handle Bar Mount:
This is a mount for a 1â€ handle bar. A spacer is included to create a silicone gasket to create a tight slip resistant seal. To create gasket:
1) Apply liberal amounts of silicone to the inside of both halves of the handle bar mount.
2) Assemble both halves around blue spacer and allow to dry for 12 hours.
3) Use a razor to remove all the silicone that squeezed out the sides after it is dry.
4) Disassemble and remove the spacer taking care to leave the gasket in place.
5) If the gasket comes out of the mount reinstall gasket with a small amount of fresh silicone.
A future release for a Â¾â€ handle bar will be available soon.
Please note .stl files are generated with AutoCAD and I am not sure how the scale is exported. All models are built at 1:1 in millimeters. If the model is clearly way too large scale it down by 0.039370078 and that should convert it to metric.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
iPhone xCase by arctelix is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving arctelix a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure arctelix would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).