Replicator Dual - Nozzle Centring Script (That actually works)
by Fastrack, published
The script included with ReplicatorG is either designed for a Single or a Dual Replicator I can not tell, but it doesn't with a Dual! It also has the potential to crash the nozzles into the HBP.
This new script homes all axis', moves Z down .5mm, moves the carriage/right nozzle to "stored centre" and allows you to adjust it if required. I've also adjusted the Z speed as suggested on Google Groups by someone (I don't remember who).
I've read many posts on this issue, it's been suggested to position the carriage centre (ie between the dual nozzles), but that doesn't work either.
This script may work with a Replicator Single as well, but I can not verify that.
UPDATE: From my understanding this will not work with Makerbot v6 firmware and above, it might work with Sailfish but I have not installed that yet.
UPDATE: I have tried this with Sailfish 7.3 using ReplicatorG 0040r11 on a Replicator 1 and it works perfectly.
NOTE: Use the Right Nozzle "A" in all alignment steps, the Left Nozzle or "B" has an offset built into the .xml settings file of 33.1mm. I believe this is the main source of issues as most believe your supposed to centre the carriage not the nozzle! This script is also safer (reduced speeds, won't drag the nozzle across the HBP etc..). And if you run it multiple times you don't have to start over at the home position!!
- This has been tested with ReplicatorG v37 & v5.5 firmware
1) Put script in your *\ReplicatorG\replicatorg-00xx\scripts\calibration directory/folder
2) Connect Replicator via USB (this won't work off the SD as there's prompts built in... The default script requires USB as well)
3) Start ReplicatorG
4) Open the new script: File -> Scripts -> calibration -> "The Replicator Nozzle Centring.gcode"
5) Using a ruler create an X in the dead centre of your HBP
6) Click "Build"
7) It will prompt you a few times and give you directions (both on the machine and screen)
8) The script will first home the axis', move Z down .5mm. Move the carriage and position the RIGHT nozzle over the currently stored centre and then disable the steppers
9) If the RIGHT nozzle is not directly over the centre please adjust it and press Yes to save your settings.
After running the script my replicator now prints in the exact centre of the HBP regardless of which nozzle is used! (Or wherever you tell ReplicatorG to print your object)
If your HBP sags more than .5mm when heated. You can adjust the following (by default I move the HBP down .5mm to prevent dragging of the nozzles):
G1 Z0.5 F100 ( * NOTE: Change this if your platform sags more than .5mm when heated...)
1mm would be "G1 Z1.0 F100"
NOTE: You can run the script as many times as you wish to double check the stored settings. Just click "No" after it positions the nozzle over the centre mark if you don't want to change anything.
New script uploaded 2012/08/24 3:45pm EST as I saw a spelling error nothing else has changed :)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Replicator Dual - Nozzle Centring Script (That actually works) by Fastrack is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Fastrack a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Fastrack would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).