3D Printing Brochure
by sgrover, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I've been answering many of the same questions when I show off my printer. So, I created a quick FAQ. The LibreOffice file creates a tri-fold brochure answering a number of the common questions. I've made this generic with the expectation that you will personalize it for your own use.
Let me know if any of the text can be improved.
- Download the most recent *.odt file.
- Open it in Libre Office (or Open Office)
- Change the text to match your name, domain, etc. Change out the images if desired. (I like my pictures, but I have no pretense that they are the best).
- Print in Duplex mode (if you have a duplex printer. If not, print a bunch of one page only, then re-insert the printed pages with the right orientation and print the second page.
- Fold the printed pages in three.
- Distribute to anyone who has questions about 3D Printing.
2012-08-30: [The Rev3 file] Fixed a typo error reported by Dan ("soluble", not "soluable"). Changed wording for PLA plastic to read "starch/sugar based". Added the new (and more better!) graphic Spiritdude (http://www.thingiverse.com/spiritdude) created. Added a .doc format file - no checks have been done though to make sure the file still looks right.
Rev4 - Removed the MyCorp company name place holder from the front page and replaced with "3D Printing FAQs" to better inform a casual visitor that this document answers their questions rather than pimps a business. Saved to .odt, .doc (not checked), and .pdf for those who just want to see it.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
3D Printing Brochure by sgrover is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sgrover a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sgrover would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).