Printrbot LC+ Z-nut Keeper
by PacificBlue, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Sometimes gravity & alignment aren't enough to keep the bridge from hanging-up on descent, these keep the Z-rod nuts in their wooden slots to make sure the bridge descends everytime, no surprises.
I made these to clip on the back of the bridge so they wouldn't detract from the beauty of the Printrbot. After printing, remove support scaffolding under top clips. Place into upper wooden slots first & press down, then slide their feet (keepers) onto the Z-rods and press flat.
The left side mounts inside the left tower, the right mounts on the back (remove long screw & nut to gain clearance, replace when done) see photos. You -do not- have to remove the pulley & belt.
Both pieces have a slight overhang, so don't forget to enable "support" or "scaffolding" when slicing & remove them after printing. Use a fill density of at least 50%.
- Thing name corrected: now "Z-nut" (thanks tschutter, long night)
- Z-nut Keeper L v2.stl uploaded: a) taller b) top clip no longer hits Z-rod (deleted v1)
- Added photo: Z-nut Keeper L v2 inside left tower
- Instructions improved slightly.
Printrbot LC+ Z-nut Keeper by PacificBlue is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving PacificBlue a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure PacificBlue would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).