LCD Keypad Box
by TeamTeamUSA, published
New STL file uploaded: KeypadBoxV2.stl. Better tolerances so less clean up. 6mm taller so that bottom panel fits. Added instruction to replace straight header on keypad with right-angle one so that box can be lower-profile.
New STL file uploaded, KeypadBox04.stl. Keypad opening in previous version, KeypadBox03.stl, was rotated 90Â°. :P
A Makerbot Giveaway entry.
Need a box for Revar's excellent LCD Display and Keypad mod? Here's a printable one!
This is an experiment in using different $fn values in OpenSCAD to selectively control the "roughness" of the geometry on different parts. The $fn of the outside of the box is set to 3, while all the holes and openings are set to 60. This gives an overall edgy look to the part without sacrificing functional precision.
I really like the ability to combine a lo-fi trash-punk look yet maintain precision where it's needed in a printable part. I will definitely be exploring this aesthetic further!
More info on Revar's LCD mod: http://wiki.makerbot.com/revarlcd-assembly
More info on OpenSCAD's $fn variable: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/Other_Language_Features
- Slice KeypadBoxV2.stl in skeinforge. The other file, KeypadBox04Up.stl is just to show the orientation of the piece in use.
- Print KeypadBoxV2.stl.
- Clean up strings and holes with knife and drill bits [no drill please!]
- Replace straight header on keypad with right-angle one. This requires un-/soldering header from PCB.
- Feed one end of cable through slot and attach to keypad
- Mount keypad in opening with M2 bolts and nuts
Provide links for header, screws, and bolts.
Upload STL for 1mm bottom panel.
Upload STL for LCD box
Update Assembly instructions to include connecting Keypad and LCD box.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
LCD Keypad Box by TeamTeamUSA is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure TeamTeamUSA would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).