Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
MyBeam: Technic-compatible objects
by bjepson, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A 3D-printable variant of BitBeam, this is a parametric Lego Technic-compatible beam. Specify the number of holes, render it to an STL in OpenSCAD, and you're ready to print. Unlike BitBeam, it does not have holes on all sides, just top and bottom.
Open mybeam.scad, scroll to the bottom where you see "beam(15);" Change the number in parentheses to the desired number of holes. Choose Designâ†’Compile and Render, then choose Designâ†’Export as STL; Once that's done, you can print the STL.
Some other items of interest:
- angle_lever.scad: It's like mybeam.scad, except you can create objects like the 4x4 technic-compatible lever.stl attached. Change "angle_lever(4, 4, 53.5);" to whatever you want.
- bush.scad: Use this to create bushes and half bushes. Change "bush(beam_width, 3, 3);" to whatever you want. When you print it, you'll need to break off the little tabs ("mouse ears") that hold it in place.
- gear.scad. Use this to create gears. Change myGear(number_of_teeth=40, holes_row=4, holes_col=2); to whatever you want. Requires gears.scad from MCAD (https://github.com/D1plo1d/MCAD)
MyBeam: Technic-compatible objects by bjepson is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bjepson a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bjepson would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).