by Lampbus, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
To allow the loft hatch panel position to be adjusted against the lift springs/bracket
I had a new loft hatch fitted to expand my storage options...but the mass produced hatch+ladder+frame design is defficient :
THe springs that assist pushing the hatch up also cause the hatch panel to slide in its mounting brackets resulting in damage to the wooden trim and ceiling as the hatch opens.
So I designed this part to adjust and prevent the slide.
Print one as shown, and one mirror image.
- Offer up the jig part to the hinge plate and drill the 2 mount holes 2. 2.8mm diameter. (Setup 40mm from the drill tip to chuck, the pillars prevent drilling too deep.)
- Screw the adjusters in place.
- slacken the 6 panel>hinge bracket screws a touch.
- Advance the SHCS to adjust.
- Tighten the 6 screws.
- repair, sand and repaint damage to woodwork.
Also needed :
2 off M8 nyloc nuts - pop into the slot in the bottom.
2 off M8x 25 SHCS (socket head cap screw)
4 off No.8 x 1 1/4" woodscrews.
LoftHatchAdjuster by Lampbus is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Lampbus a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Lampbus would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).