by Lampbus, published
To allow the loft hatch panel position to be adjusted against the lift springs/bracket
I had a new loft hatch fitted to expand my storage options...but the mass produced hatch+ladder+frame design is defficient :
THe springs that assist pushing the hatch up also cause the hatch panel to slide in its mounting brackets resulting in damage to the wooden trim and ceiling as the hatch opens.
So I designed this part to adjust and prevent the slide.
Print one as shown, and one mirror image.
- Offer up the jig part to the hinge plate and drill the 2 mount holes 2. 2.8mm diameter. (Setup 40mm from the drill tip to chuck, the pillars prevent drilling too deep.)
- Screw the adjusters in place.
- slacken the 6 panel>hinge bracket screws a touch.
- Advance the SHCS to adjust.
- Tighten the 6 screws.
- repair, sand and repaint damage to woodwork.
Also needed :
2 off M8 nyloc nuts - pop into the slot in the bottom.
2 off M8x 25 SHCS (socket head cap screw)
4 off No.8 x 1 1/4" woodscrews.