Bicycle bag holder
by JohK, published
This is a holder designed for bicycle bags that mount the baggage porter on the bike (like those from Ortlieb). At home those bags usually lie around somewhere and are a bit of a pain to pack when not mounted to a bike. This thing gives you a wall mounted baggage porter for your bags!
- print n brackets where n is one more than the number of bags you'd like to hang. (For 2 bags, print 3 brackets.
- find a position on the wall where you'd like to mount the bag holder
- mark the positions for the bore holes (in Germany we mostly have brick walls, so we need to bore a hole before mounting anything to a wall...)
- bore mounting holes in the wall
- mount the individual brackets without the rod.
- cut rod/tubing to length
- carefully push the rod through
- hang bags
I printed the brackets with a .5mm nozzle from ABS with a layer height of .2mm. The print came out ok. The overhang doesn't look too good, but it's fine for the intended use.
The bracket might look flimsy but worked for me so far: I'm sometimes putting 5kg upwards in a single bag. Only mount the brackets with the rod/tubing on the upper side, otherwise they will break much easier.
BoM (for 2 bags):
- n x printed brackets (n=3)
- 2*n x screws for mounting the brackets (6)
- 1x 8mm rod (I used some 8mm aluminum tubing from the hardware store)
BTW: http://www.ortlieb.de/ bags are great!