Arduino Mega 2560 Plate

by bifi5590, published

Arduino Mega 2560 Plate by bifi5590 Sep 16, 2012
2 Share
Download This Thing! Customize Order This Printed Tools & Utilities

Thing Info

8693Views 2510Downloads Found in Electronics
Report Thing


A derivative to RyGuys Arduino Mega 2560 R3 Plate.

I removed the Bottom lid and merged both stl files into one with blender so I could print it in one piece.


It seems that the first version fit on mine but on some other it did not fit (I tried it with 5 arduino boards and 3 of them fit on it but the other two didnt).
I added a version 2 where i changed some parameters like the size of the pins to 90% and added 1mm to the length of the holding area. I hope this fixes most problems but please check the sizes with your arduino board before printing.

I used 10% infill and 0.4mm layer height. No support needed.
One edge bent up a little during printing but it was still ok.

More from Electronics

view more

Thing Info

8693Views 2510Downloads Found in Electronics
Report Thing


Liked By

View All



Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

All Apps

This App connects Thingiverse with Makeprintable, a cloud-based mesh repair service that analyzes, validates and repairs most common mesh errors that can occur when preparing a 3D design file for p...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App

I made one, but I found the tolerances are too tight... The pins don't fit into the holes in the Mega, and the little lock pin wont fit in the slot... Great idea though.

Hm I did not have that problem. It fit mine perfectly without sanding or anything. The lock pin is a very tight fit but that is as designed i guess. (I just took RyGuy's version and put the two files together).

I used Slic3r 0.9.2 for slicing it.

I haven't yet gotten around to upgrading from 0.8.4, so maybe I'll try that and reprint sometime. Great design, I just need to do more tweaking, I guess...

I rechecked the size with an arduino board of a friend. His board has 1mm more length and his usb and power jack are a little closer together.

I try to scale it to that sizes maybe that wil fit better for your board.

Looks good! I need a bigger print bed...