Foot for Steel Chair with Ball Joint
by blatantsubtlety, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Replacement foot for 1970's welded steel chair with 1/2" solid rod legs. Feet have a ball and socket joint.
Setup printer to make the part as solid as possible, as your kids will be rocking back on the chair (thats how the originals all broke right?)
On UP! printing with surface=6 layers, and finest fill, and 0.3mm
Take a bit of care cleaning the support out of the ball socket part.
Feet are a little longer than originals, so replace them in pairs to keep the chair level.
- puts 5 degree tilt on the bottom of the sleeve part to allow for the legs angle a bit.
- So, There is a small orientation tit on higher edge to help when fitting to leg
- Edge of foot is now rounded
Visualise variable switches parts between printing and visualising placement.
Foot for Steel Chair with Ball Joint by blatantsubtlety is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving blatantsubtlety a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure blatantsubtlety would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).