Rostock Rods 6 up vertically
by tlalexander, published
The Rostock rods were taking 45 minutes apiece on my printer, and I was really wishing I could print more than one at once. Problem is, it just barely fits on the build platform, so you can't just make a plate like normal.
Instead, I pulled this into solidworks and basically added a raft-like feature on top so I could stack them.
They don't come out as pretty this way (though messing with slicing settings could help), but they do look like they'll work just fine.
I haven't printed them the full 6 up, but I printed up to 3 and its pretty solid, so I think 6 up would work just fine. I added a six up version and a 3 up version. 3 up might be best so you can test the slicing parameters and make sure it works before spending more time.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Slice, with some settings to deal with the bridging. Concentric fill might be a good idea.
After printing, carefully separate with a sturdy sharp knife. Starting from one end seems to work well.