Bicep for Robot InMoov
by hairygael, published
Don't be scared or intimidated, I started this a few months ago and didn't even know what was Arduino or a servo motor!
Start with printing the hand like I did, and go on the rest if you feel.
Well it's been a fun time creating this bicep, I have gone through quite many prints for to finally release it.
Blog with more info and instructions:
This video isn't actual, I have modified many parts since then:
The latest video:
Recent Commentsview all
Hi, no there is no need to change nozzle. You only need to modify the extrusion thickness settings in your slicer software.
Hi, In your instructions, you say you print with 0.5mm thickness for most parts, but 0.4mm for others. Does that mean you're switching back and forth between a 0.4mm and a 0.5mm nozzle or am I misunderstanding? Thanks.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
All parts are designed to fit on a 12x12cm print bed, just like the hand.
I have printed all parts in ABS.
With 0.5mm thickness for most parts.
Also most parts have an infill of 30%.
Except "pistonanticlock", "rotwormV4" was printed at 0.4mm with a 100% infill.
"rotwormV4" is the only part printed with support.
Most parts are the same for the left and right arm.
The parts named "leftXXXX" are for the left arm, easy to figure out...
Print one of each part.
Print two of "lowarmsideV1", "higharmsideV1"
You also need 2 Hitec HS-805BB servo.
A little bit of cables.
Update 21/09/12 A step by step Instructions uploaded on the blog
Update 24/09/12 Something went wrong during uploading "pistonbaseV1", you should use "pistonbaseantiV1". Sorry for this mistake. Thanks to 1Robotmaker for the comment.
Update 07/10/12 Uploaded the covers for the bicep + a simple movement sketch for your Arduino seen in the Part8 video.
Update 31/10/12 RotwormV4 is now used for the left and right bicep. If you are building a right arm, you need to inverse the green and red wires on the potentiometer. See blog for more info.
Update 03/01/13 I have uploaded the shoulder parts.
Update 02/03/13 Modified "RotGearV2" to "RotGearV3" teeth are now a bit smaller, avoiding the risk of touching the innercasing. Also modified "RotWormV4" to "RotWormV5", I rounded up the entrance of the worm, for better printing finish. Thanks to Brian for the suggestions.
Still working on instructions text...
You must be logged in to post a comment.