Adjustable Blower-Fan Mount (Brix based)
by jdrgoldeneagle, published
A Brix's-based blower-style adjustable extruder fan mount (40mm) for Prusa v1.
I was having problems with parts delaminating badly on the side with Brix's fan funnel, and realized that it was being caused by too much air hitting the build surface (because the cut-out area is hollow).
I hacked up the source and closed off the cut-out, along with extending the funnel an extra 20mm to reduce the tip size and push even more air towards the extruder. It's not real pretty, but it gets the job done. (I also made a few other changes in order to get it to print and work properly for me. Hopefully these changes don't cause any major problems for other people.)
After installing this, not only has the delamination issue been considerably reduced, but the bed heats up faster because it doesn't have so much air blowing over it (my fan is always on). It should also improve bridging, but I haven't stress-tested that yet.
(Basically the same as Hexagon5un adjustable fan mount that this is directly based on.)
- Print. (I suggest telling Slic3r to add a 3-5 layer brim to the fan shroud part to prevent delamination.)
- Touch up holes with drill bit if necessary.
- Scrape plastic off of inside and outside of connector blades if they don't fit together right away (be careful!).
- Screw everything together with machine screws and nuts.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Adjustable Blower-Fan Mount (Brix based) by jdrgoldeneagle is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure jdrgoldeneagle would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).