Turnbuckle Boot Cap

by chrisjrob, published

Turnbuckle Boot Cap by chrisjrob Sep 19, 2012

Featured Thing!

0 Share
Download This Thing! Customize Order This Printed Tools & Utilities

Thing Info

11599Views 913Downloads Found in Sport & Outdoors
Report Thing


Sailing boats typically have plastic or rubber cylindrical covers for the lower part of the shrouds and stays (the wires that hold up the mast). These covers are called "Turnbuckle Boots".

Turnbuckle boots should be topped off with caps, but it is quite common to see the caps broken or missing entirely.

This thing is a replacement for those caps. It is fully parametric and printed perfectly without support.

See pictures to see the printed result on my boat.


Download the OpenSCAD source and edit to your requirements.
No special print instructions, printed fine on a RepRap Prusa Mendel without support.

More from Sport & Outdoors

view more

Thing Info

11599Views 913Downloads Found in Sport & Outdoors
Report Thing

Liked By

View All
Bre Pettis


Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

All Apps

This App connects Thingiverse with Makeprintable, a cloud-based mesh repair service that analyzes, validates and repairs most common mesh errors that can occur when preparing a 3D design file for p...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App

Chris, I am in the UK and need replacement caps. Have you any idea who produces these? Most of the caps on the boat are fine but one just fell apart today. I don't want to replace the whole cover, unscrewing the turnbuckle and so on.....your help much appreciated.

Sorry no, I would suggest you google "turnbuckle boots uk", suppliers of those will probably offer the caps as well. Other than that, contact a local rigger - they'll recommend somewhere.

Wonderful idea, glad to see this featured. I don't currently have a boat, but I hope to someday!

 I think this is called a "Turnbuckle Boot" but i'm not certain.

The "turnbuckle boot" seems to be the term for the whole cover, so I guess it would be a "turnbuckle boot cap"!