Stegosaurus Dinosaur Costume Spikes - LED Halloween
by metalnat, published
I was asked for a series of Dinosaur inspired spikes that would be able to house a line of bright LED's and could have variable shapes and sizes. So here they are!
These spikes can be added to any shirt or jacket to transform yourself into a freaking dinosaur, more specifically a Stegosaurus, or even a Godzilla!
Print them from clear PLA and add LEDs with the base plate. A laser cuttable version was on hackaday: http://imakethin.gs/blog/glowy-dinosaur-hoody
Print off one of the spikes, and then print off a base, and tuck your LED wire into the slots and line the light itself in between the four guide posts on the base. The base is set to the same size as the spike base and should be glued or welded together with acetone. This looks great with the blue PLA and bright lights.
- print spikes of different sizes from a clear PLA
- print a base plate for each
- string Addressable LED strips through base plates (supplier links below)
- glue or tape spikes on the base
- safety pin or sew the spikes in place
addressable LEDS that work:
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Stegosaurus Dinosaur Costume Spikes - LED Halloween by metalnat is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure metalnat would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).