Metric Mini G Clamp
by chewdonkey, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is my first thing and more of an experiment with Solidworks, my RepRapPro Huxley, and Thingverse but I hope it will be useful to someone as well. I have used it for holding gluing models.
This is a printable G clamp which consists of any metric machine screw and nut and a printed "G".
I have set it up using well labeled equations in Solidworks so you can easily resize it for any metric size. It comes set up for M4.
- Open the Solidworks file and go to Tools> Equations
- Edit the relevant numbers to apply to the nut and bolt size you are using. Close equations and watch the part auto update
- Save STL and print
If you want to use an m4 nut and bolt in your mini G clamp you can just print the provided STL
Metric Mini G Clamp by chewdonkey is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving chewdonkey a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure chewdonkey would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).