Huxley RepRap Fan Mount
by chewdonkey, published
I made this fan mount for my RepRapPro Huxley. It holds a PC fan at 45 degrees (to point towards the hot end better). The stl is set up for a 60mm PC fan but can be changed in the solidworks part file.
Thanks to Richgain for the idea - I just customised all the dimensions for my much larger PC graphics card fan I had.
- Edit the solidworks file to fit fan dimensions and print or just print STL
- Screw fan onto mount with two M3 machine screws and nuts
- Screw to back of the X Idler of your RepRap Huxley (use longer m3 screw if necessary)
[FOR REPRAPPRO SANGUINOLOLO 1.3 ELECTRONICS RUNNING SPRINTER}
- Wire the fans red cable to +12 and the black to gnd on the connector marked PWR2/Bed which is between the board power connector and hotend connector. See this site for more information. http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2012-03/24-reprap_huxley_cooling_fans
If you have a fan with a yellow cable also - ignore it. This is the tacho signal which provides feedback of the fans speed and not used here.
- Test the fan. Sent M106 S255 to turn it on full, M106 S127 to turn it on half way, M107 to turn it off
- Enable cooling settings in your slicer and enjoy your new fan in future prints
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Huxley RepRap Fan Mount by chewdonkey is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving chewdonkey a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure chewdonkey would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).