iPhone SE / 5 / 5S Snap-On Case (tested)
by Helmi74, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a simple but fine tuned iPhone 5 Snap-on Back case that should save your new iPhones aluminium back and sides from scratches.
It has a very strong and edgy fit. You probably need to finetune your printer settings to get the correct measurement.
It was already finetuned and optimised. Look out to get the lastest version with the highest number at the end of the file name.
Just print and snap-on.
I printed mine with a 0.35mm nozzle and 0.20mm layer height. Best Material to print with is PLA as it is stronger and holds the iPhone better.
There are different stls to download:
- iPhone5Case4 is the first public version
- iPhone5Case5 has a revised power button hole with a beveled edge for better accessibility and misses the bottom window. Your feedback is highly appreciated. I try to improve more.
- iPhone5Case6 another revised version with even more clearing on the power button and more bottom clearing at the volume/mute buttons and on the bottom of part of the phone (speakers/lightning). I also moved the back hole a bit to center the apple in it and added another clip for better fitting on the top.
Update 2012-09-24: I've uploaded another pic (multi color, all printed in PLA) and also the source file (sketchup) now, as v6 seems to fit very well. I would be really happy if you take the source and make derivates of it. I could imagine having an apple shape instead of the circular one on the back or maybe some other cutout designs with the back side - i hope you all be creative, that's what its for.
License changed from "no derivates" to NC-SA - go for it ;-)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
iPhone SE / 5 / 5S Snap-On Case (tested) by Helmi74 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Helmi74 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Helmi74 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).