Solidoodle Filament Guide Valve
by lawsy, published
This guide suits the original filament holder design on the Solidoodle, but eliminates any tangles with a 'filament valve'. This part can probably be fitted to other printers to prevent tangling.
The Solidoodle 2 design has just been updated to turn the filament holder pipe 90 degrees. This thing suits the original design and performs very reliably.
- Print the three parts. You may need to use a thin knife to separate the tip of the filament valve if it has fused together during printing.
- Use a small self tapping screw to join the filament guide arm and filament valve support.
- Plug in the filament valve to suit the width of the filament roll you are using.
- Slide on the assembly to the PVC pipe.
- When loading filament, run the strand through the filament valve and enjoy trouble free printing.
EDIT: Correct skp file now added.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Solidoodle Filament Guide Valve by lawsy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure lawsy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).