Solidoodle Filament Guide Valve
by lawsy, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This guide suits the original filament holder design on the Solidoodle, but eliminates any tangles with a 'filament valve'. This part can probably be fitted to other printers to prevent tangling.
The Solidoodle 2 design has just been updated to turn the filament holder pipe 90 degrees. This thing suits the original design and performs very reliably.
- Print the three parts. You may need to use a thin knife to separate the tip of the filament valve if it has fused together during printing.
- Use a small self tapping screw to join the filament guide arm and filament valve support.
- Plug in the filament valve to suit the width of the filament roll you are using.
- Slide on the assembly to the PVC pipe.
- When loading filament, run the strand through the filament valve and enjoy trouble free printing.
EDIT: Correct skp file now added.
Solidoodle Filament Guide Valve by lawsy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving lawsy a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure lawsy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).