Laser Cut Sports Car
by dustinandrews, published
This sports car is cut from 1/8th (3mm) MDF or plywood. It's got a spoiler, hood scoop and working wheels.
Red lines are etched artwork. Black lines are cuts.
This model requires a bit of glue.
- Glue the two axles together. All the axle peices are identical. Just slip the notches together until they are all the way together.
- Glue one wheel on the end of each axle. Be sure it's at 90*.
- Use one notched support for the front bumper. Put a little glue in the notches and make sure it seats firmly.
- Do the apex support next. Use a little glue in the notches.
- Use the third notched support for the back bumper. Use a little glue in the notches.
- Use the last support for the spoiler. A tiny bit of glue in the notches is all you need.
- Make sure the wheel assemblies are dry and them slide the axles into the holes.
- Glue the last two wheels onto the axles. Be very sparing with the glue. Be very careful not to glue the wheels or axles to the body. Turn the wheels every few seconds until the glue is fairly dry.
Enjoy your toy car.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Laser Cut Sports Car by dustinandrews is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving dustinandrews a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure dustinandrews would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).