Spinning Top Ver. 3
by kyle59, published
This is an updated version of the unique spinning top I designed in Sketchup. This version is a allot stronger in the weak spots so it is easier to remove from the build table. I also increased the angle so it prints cleaner with the Replicators default settings. It is designed to be printed in two pieces and glued together also to have an open space in the middle to test the spanning ability of the MakerBot Replicator. both top and bottom are printed at the same time then assembled with 4 drops of superglue at the "corners". I can also post separate .stl files for those of you who want to print it in two colors.
See it spin!
- Print Spinning top V3 simplified.stl (I deleted superfluous geometry)
- do not use raft or support
- Assemble with one small drop of super glue on the flat part of each "corner"
- Align carefully and squeeze each of the four flat spots together
- Wait for glue to cure and Spinn!
- Do not use a raft, the parts on the build platform need to be flat and smooth so they can be glued together.
- Be careful when removing from build surface. It is super strong when the structure is complete but It can be a bit weak before the top and bottom are joined together.
- It will print really well with default replicator setting.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Spinning Top Ver. 3 by kyle59 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure kyle59 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).