by MakerBot, published
Click on the pictures and check out how nice this model looks at 100-micron layer resolution. The individual files uploaded are just to show what a few of the parts look like.
Be warned, this model may make you nostalgic for those simpler days out on the plains.
Recent Commentsview all
1. no - I don't know where this goes. I did not use it.
2. Yeah, I didn't use these either. I just glued the rear lights down using the triangle holders. The bases seemed redundant.
3. I used CA glue with an accelerator. It is like super glue. CA glue sets in about 20 minutes or in 2 seconds with an accelerator. Search for CA glue on Amazon and you will see lots of options.
I used a lot of clamps when gluing to make sure the flush parts stay flush.
I'm just finishing the printing of the parts, it looks like a good challenging model.
A couple of questions:
1. Did you need the "upper actuator rod"?
2. What is the story with the rear light lens bases?
3. I planned on using krazy glue, what did you use?
Thanks for tips, I'll use them when I put it together
This one took a long time. About 100 parts and lots of big prints. I printed it on a Replicator 2 with default medium settings in MakerWare. I got a lot of warping on the big prints (tires, hood), so I used an ABS-Acetone slurry to coat the build plate tape. This is a very cool model and worth the effort. I did not need to mod to many things, but I couldn't find any photos of the front axle or rear, so it took a lot of trial-error to figure it out. Here are some of my lessons:
- I used an extra set of rear hub caps on the inside rear (shaved down)
- Use 1.75mm filament for the spark plug cables
- I drilled out 2mm holes in the "electrical plate" for the spark plug wires
- The front axle mount is tricky. I mounted the fan cowling "Pivot Axle 3" as high as it would go on the front of the block without sticking up. This worked well.
Check out the photos in "Made"
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You must be logged in to post a comment.