Fan Guard & Airflow Deflector for Makerbot Replicator
by apexio, published
This is a single extruder version.
I printed this on a Replicator v1 with MakerWare - 'Medium' setting (0.27mm layer height) with support, 100% infill, 3 shells. Support didn't work very well, but it fit into place after a bit of cleanup with an x-acto blade and works great. if printing again, I would try the high quality setting or decrease the layer height to 0.15mm.
Available on Tinkercad: https://tinkercad.com/things/g5SIhhnUpxP?
1) Prevents breakage of fan blades due to sticking objects into moving fan (aka fingers).
2) The Replicator extruder fan blows air onto parts as they're being printed, causing distortion, curling, etc. The fan shroud prevents air from being blown onto objects during printing.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Fan Guard & Airflow Deflector for Makerbot Replicator by apexio is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving apexio a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure apexio would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).