The thing that will get stuck to your build surface forever!
by kyle59, published
After I printed this top I had the worst time getting it off my build surface. I ended up peeling off my tape to get it off! I designed it with tabs on it to help remove it from the table and it turned out they are too small and snapped of immediately.
If you can get a good spin it will spin for a long time since it is so heavy. Given the shape it prints with 100% infill no matter what your settings are so at 72mm it weighs in at 36 grams!
- Try to remove form build surface.
- Get really mad and give up!
- Have a beer and go to bed
- Come back the next morning and peel off the Kapton tape to get it to come off (anyone else notice the adhesive on Kaptop tape smells like cat urine?)
- Reapply Kaptop tape and consider waxing the build surface before printing it again.
- Glue the top together with super glue if it came off in one piece.
See it spin
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
The thing that will get stuck to your build surface forever! by kyle59 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure kyle59 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).