Yet Another Spool Holder
by MarcoAlici, published
A spool holder based on pulleys, Huxley frame vertex feet and threaded rods.
- 2013-02-26 UPDATE: I scaled up 10x the model, that had wrong units (thanks to mbasov)
// PRINTED PARTS
- 8 pulley parts (file "puleggia_03.stl")
4 frame vertex feet from ReprapPro Huxley ((http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16625);
// OTHER PARTS
- 4 ball bearing type 626 (6x19x6mm);
- 6 M6 threaded rods. Lenght is not critical, and can be adjusted on the spool dimensions. I just cut one 1 meter in six equal parts (166mm);
- 24 M6 nuts;
- 24 Ã˜6 washers
- Print the 8 pulley parts and the 4 frame vertex feets;
- Put each ball bearing between two pulley parts as in the image;
- Mount all the parts as in the provided exploded view.
- Put the spool onto the pulleys, sliding them to fit the dimensions
- Enjoy printing. The spool will roll over the pulleys as long as filament is required.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
Download All Files (43 kb zip file)