Yet Another Spool Holder
by MarcoAlici, published
A spool holder based on pulleys, Huxley frame vertex feet and threaded rods.
- 2013-02-26 UPDATE: I scaled up 10x the model, that had wrong units (thanks to mbasov)
// PRINTED PARTS
- 8 pulley parts (file "puleggia_03.stl")
4 frame vertex feet from ReprapPro Huxley ((http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16625);
// OTHER PARTS
- 4 ball bearing type 626 (6x19x6mm);
- 6 M6 threaded rods. Lenght is not critical, and can be adjusted on the spool dimensions. I just cut one 1 meter in six equal parts (166mm);
- 24 M6 nuts;
- 24 Ã˜6 washers
- Print the 8 pulley parts and the 4 frame vertex feets;
- Put each ball bearing between two pulley parts as in the image;
- Mount all the parts as in the provided exploded view.
- Put the spool onto the pulleys, sliding them to fit the dimensions
- Enjoy printing. The spool will roll over the pulleys as long as filament is required.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Yet Another Spool Holder by MarcoAlici is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure MarcoAlici would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).