Loading

Filament Spool Clip

by walter, published

Filament Spool Clip by walter Oct 13, 2012

Description

Small clip that attaches to the edge of the spool. Holds the end of the filament in place so it doesn't unraveling when in storage.

Updated version can be found here: thingiverse.com/thing:42528
thingiverse.com/thing:210805

Recent Comments

view all

These are Awesome!!! Thankyou for such good clips! :-)
These are nice and compact compared to others and they hold perfectly for both UP & Octave spools. Printed on an UP!
The Octave clips work for the other suppliers such as -
Bilby CNC
3D Printer Gear.

Cheers!

I added a new version of the Octave clip that is more likely to work with other printers and plastics.

Printed one in PLA. Clipped onto the Octave spool pretty well, but it didn't hold the filament! I printed using ReplicatorG on a Makerbot Replicator1. 

More from 3D Printer Accessories

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Use the "Up Spool Clip" for the OEM Afinia / Up! filament and the "Octave Spool Clip" for filament that comes from octave.com. You will probably need to adjust the orientation before printing.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Dogbert on Feb 2, 2013 said:

These are Awesome!!! Thankyou for such good clips! :-)
These are nice and compact compared to others and they hold perfectly for both UP & Octave spools. Printed on an UP!
The Octave clips work for the other suppliers such as -
Bilby CNC
3D Printer Gear.

Cheers!

cassetti on Oct 22, 2012 said:

Printed one in PLA. Clipped onto the Octave spool pretty well, but it didn't hold the filament! I printed using ReplicatorG on a Makerbot Replicator1. 

walter on Dec 26, 2012 said:

I added a new version of the Octave clip that is more likely to work with other printers and plastics.

walter on Oct 14, 2012 said:

ha, yeah, I'll update the description to be more clear.

LiquidBeef on Oct 14, 2012 said:

For when it's not in use! Cool. Took me a minute :P

Top