by juniortan, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Not entirely satisfied yet with the mean-ness of my katana, I decided to go to town with a revolver too. Here is an iPhone case you can tuck into your board shorts (front or back is fine) and answer calls with a really nasty look on your face (remember to keep your other hand on the katana umbrella).
Print all parts, epoxy everything together.
- The trigger guard (for authenticity purposes) is a little thin. At some points its only 2 extruded filaments wide. I filled up mine with some krazy glue.
- The iPhone cradle is a little long, as I had to create audio channels and a space to attach the dock connector.
- If you are a leftie, just flip the cradle around before gluing everything together
For the morbidly curious, the frame and handle is modeled after the Ruger LCR Revolver*
On special request, there's a cradle3.stl file that is curved around the iPhone and at the hammer area that appears a lot more streamlined. I am still printing that, but have uploaded it just in case someone here wants to try. The edge near the bottom of the screen is also now lowered by 0.5mm and bevelled so that you can tap the bottom of the iPhone screen more easily.
Please use the cradle4.stl file for printing. It should yield better results (less stringers), and the back is now at 45 degrees (more plastic, but stronger). Comes with gun sight! - catch: for righties only. Will post one for lefties once i am home today :-)
- Adapted from http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6536be2501de5575fc95e06e79b5aeb3&prevstart=0 by AEK-971
Revolver iPhone by juniortan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving juniortan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure juniortan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).