Snowflake, a hexagon chain mail
by Ablapo, published
It's a hexagon chain mail thing. Each chain is connected to 3 other chain elements.
Most chain mails I have seen have a quadratic form and 4 connecting neighbors. I found one triangle version with 3 connecting neighbors, too. They are listed as ancestors, because the ideas are similar.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Make changes to OpenScad-file's parameters, resize it, print it, separate each chain carefully.
You might want to resize the 20x20 mesh to fit it to your printer plate. Or you can delete some elements using Meshlab to make a chain (sf_big_chain.stl). Using Meshlab:
- Open file / import your mesh
- find + push the "select connected components in a region" button
- use your mouse to select an element to delete
- press delete on your keyboard
- repeat that with other element of the chainmail
- file/export mesh as ...