Snowflake, a hexagon chain mail
by Ablapo, published
It's a hexagon chain mail thing.
Each chain is connected to 3 other chain elements.
Most chain mails I have seen have a quadratic form and 4 connecting neighbors. I found one triangle version with 3 connecting neighbors, too. They are listed as ancestors, because the ideas are similar.
Make changes to OpenScad-file's parameters, resize it, print it, separate each chain carefully.
You might want to resize the 20x20 mesh to fit it to your printer plate.
Or you can delete some elements using Meshlab to make a chain (sf_big_chain.stl).
- Open file / import your mesh
- find + push the "select connected components in a region" button
- use your mouse to select an element to delete
- press delete on your keyboard
- repeat that with other element of the chainmail
- file/export mesh as ...
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Snowflake, a hexagon chain mail by Ablapo is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Ablapo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).