by MakerBot, published
A posable action figure robot with flashing electronic eyes! This is a fun multi-media project seen in the December 2012 issue of WIRED.
Here's how it works:
Buy the necessary electronic components from RadioShack (grab a copy of WIRED to learn more!), download and make the parts listed below, and go find a standard bubble capsule from a coin-operated vending machine for the dome.
Modeling by Todd; circuit design by Andres.
- Trim away pads from claws.
- Solder circuit together as seen in the diagram.
- Slide in battery pack into place.
- Take off the red cap and then remove the nuts and washers from the end of the switch.
- Put the switch inside the body and poke it out through the hole in the front.
- Slip the switch cross beam into place so that the switch stays in place.
- Press red cap into M button and snap onto the switch.
- Orient the circuit board's holes line up with the holes in the body.
- Slide the LEDs through the holes in the collar.
- Screw the collar-circuitboard-body assembly together using the screws
- Snap the clear plastic dome on top.
- Snap claws onto hands. Some force may be required to get it to snap into place, but the result is a nice gripping claw.
- Press pin into left shoulder of body, and attach into left upper arm.
- Press pin into left upper arm, and attach into left elbow.
- Press pin into left hand and attach to left elbow.
- Repeat for right arm.
- Attach left boot to left ankle using pin.
- Repeat for right boot.
For best results, we recommend the following settings.
Layer Height: 200 microns (0.20 mm)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Shack Bot by MakerBot is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MakerBot a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MakerBot would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).